About the library
The town-library at Česká Lípa is a library of regional affecting whose foundations have been laid in 1921. Originaly it was built as a central library of the uniform net of public libraries in the district of Česká Lípa.
From January 1998 it has worked as a library of regional character. It builds the universal bookfond, provides extensive bibliographical, cultural, educational information. It functions as a consulting centre with services to the librarions for the net of public libraries in the district of Česká Lípa.
The book-services are automatised (system Clavius), from the lending minutes to the on-line cathalogues accessible to the public. There are to public disposal: copy sevices, borrowings between all libraries, internet, access to databases, regional information-fund, public typing rooms, Collection of laws and orders of the Czech Republic, information for organisations, infromation about the EU.
In addition to the general lending library at the Masaryk-Square at Česká Lípa there are 3 branches of lending libraries in the housing estates Lada, Špičák and Holý Vrch, 2 lending libraries in the Senior-boarding houses and 1 library in the community of Dobranov.
The fund of books in the town-library comprises about 140 000 books and the library is usually visited by 500 users every day.
- lending of books and magazines
- lending of maps, atlases, guide-books, audiocassettes
- lending service between libraries
- on-line cathalogues for the readers
- infromation (time-tables, address-books, telephone directions, ...)
- bibliographical information (cathalogues, databases, recherches, ...)
- database ČNB (Czech Nationl Bibliography)
- Databases Anopres, Ebsco, Proquest, LexDATA
- Collection of Laws and Orders of the Czech Republic
- regional literature, information about the region
- regional bibliographical and factographical bases
- forming of over-regional databases and collective cathalogues
- publishing activities
470 01 Česká Lípa
Městská knihovna Česká Lípa, v1.88L, webmaster: email@example.com, powered on